Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitoring incoming and outgoing mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenh

MIS
Mar 1, 2001
GB
Does anyone know the best way to achieve the above? For incoming, I might set up an alternate recipient to recieve copies of messages, although this means that if the sender asks for a receipt they will get two. For outgoing, I'm stuck!!

Any ideas?

What are you monitoring for?

You can get an addon software package for this type of stuff. I've heard good things about mimesweeper from a friend of mine who runs it on his setup. It can stop messages with certain types of attachments and can work with virus scans and such.

Is that the type of monitoring you want?

I have a feeling you can do monitoring using imsext.dll - check out the disclaimer plug in discussed recently in this forum.

But again - why would you want to do this?

Thanks guys
Basically it's a liability issue. As more and more communications now come via email, the Directors are concerned that staff can act on (or not act on!!) emails completely independently. With our previous system, all mail came into a central account which was reviewed by admin and/or directors. This sort of replicated the way paper correspondence was dealt with. But with Exchange/Outlook, this monitoring does not seem as easy.

Oh that's what you want.

Under delivery options for each mail box you can set it up to deliver to the intended mailbox as well as another mailbox (or distribution list.)

Kind of cumbersome if you had to set that for 300 people but if you were only interesting in like 5 sales guys or 5 customer service guys it would be a quick and easy solution.

If it's more than a handful of people though I don't know of a good way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back