Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

monitoring ILP connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

paoel

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
NL
Hello all,

Is there a possibility to monitor ILP connnections.
(The connections between the LIM's)
I can start a measurement from Perfomance Datamanager, (PCM lines) but then i only can see the amount of calls going over the lines.
I would like to see the percentage of free lines.
For example: i have 60 lines between the lim and the groupswitch. How many lines are occupied and how many lines are free per hour.

Is this a possible in PPM ? Or can i do this with a MML command ?

Hope someone has an answer :)

Greetings,

Paul

lalrl: shouldn't it be more clever to have a traffic measurement for eg. 8h with TRxxx? The TR program is very capable (and clever?) in order to show these kind of tasks.
Maybe you disagree?

to fcpli

the question was to see a percentage. As far as I know. with TR you will never have a percentage for a certain time-periode. you have: traff, ndv, calls, nblo and cong.
With this amounts you have no chance to see a percentage and it is very hard to interprete the usage of the pcm-line.

PPM or TRREP can both be used to read the TRAF of a measurement. With the TRAF parameter you have in a certain way the percentage of used lines.
Put these measurements in a Graph and calculate the TRAF of a 30 or 60 channel ILP. You can use the Erlang calculator on Put this line also in your Graph and you have a visibilty of the capacity of the ILP. (or PRA)

If you like i can send you a example by mail

To vdMerwe,

Please send me an example by email.

My email : m@rckings.tmfweb.nl

Thanks!!

Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back