Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitoring if anything is wrong in your website 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashstampede

Programmer
Aug 30, 2004
GB
Back in march I launch my first asp.net web site/application. It is an online store, after it open it was averaging a purchase a week. I was first using the payment gateways own process form where you would enter the card info, I recently change this to where the user enters it in earlier eliminating an extra page for the user.
The problem or the paranoia I am facing is sense I have made these chances there has been absolutely no sales. I have tested the cart and made purchases on the production site and it has worked for me. There were about four cases report to the company by potential clients that they were having a problem, that is about as much detail as I have to go one.
I have viewed the hosting stats and have seen visitor on the order page, but no orders have taken place completed.
What can should I done to help test the store, monitor events or be reassured it is working and they are just not getting business?

The only thing I noticed about the store is that if you enter a bad credit card number, you can't click the "Back" button to correct it since it does a redirect back to the error page.

Adam

Can't you make a purchase from the live site and ask for it to be ignored if it does go through. At least then you will know if there is a definate problem or not.

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

Actualy, saying that, I couldn't even get to the check out page. Each time I clicked the Check Out button I would get redirected to

well adam0101 that is what the payment gateway does, that error page is apart of there procedure have to contact them if they can redirect.

ca8msm i have done live purchases and it worked.

which page where you on that you kept getting redirected? also there could be other reason your redirected, like there nothing was in your cart or some how you didn't get a session from the server maybe.

thanks

I clicked the cart image in the top right hand corner of the screen and was shown the item I had selected in my cart. When I then clicked the Check Out image, I was redirected back to the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back