Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitoring and recording calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

tebbing

MIS
Sep 20, 2005
US
We have an option 11 and have had a request from our CFO... he wants to record all phone calls for certain departments (patient accounts, credit, billing, etc)... I'm not sure if we need to have a special card, or if there is something we need to turn on in the switch or what. We don't do any ACD groups or anything like that so I'm just not really sure where to turn or what to ask for that matter. Does anyone have any experience or advice that they could share?

Thanks,

Tom

There are also others such as Witness and E-talk that do recordings, just to give you another choice.

Yeah right Jamie2, didn't you install callparrot for me.....ha ha ha. I'm gonna red flag your post...vendor!!

Hey Tom,
Had to record conversations for my call center.
Used a simple device from Radio Shack. At home today, but will post actual device name later.

But was just a small recorder w/ a RJ11 port to connect the handset. Cost less than $50 and worked well.

Records on small cas tapes, or if you're creative can produce wave files

will save post and update you on monday

We use the Telstrat product. It's a bit pricey but an excellent solution.

another point, federal mandate states that any call monitored or recorded, the caller has to be notified.. another concern is hippa violations can occur.. patient information is no only confidential but on a need to know bases.. the ceo of a hospital can't pull patient records unless he has a medical reason, the same is true about doctor patient conversations... tread lightly, the telcom cops will not break down the door, but civil rights lawyers are far worse

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

We use a proprietary call recorder product from NICE / Nice Call Focus
It records from the station side, and is expandable to at least 128 stations. It records continuously once the phone goes off hook. The system has lots of storage capacity and has a GUI which allows you to run reports against specific stations, departments, time of day, day, date etc.

You're funny Eddie.... You couldn't even spell vendor.

Now get back to work, before I tell on you!

Although much of our legislation is similar here in the freezing North Calls can be recorded as long as at least one party in the coversation is aware it is being recorded.

I use a simple phonesnd.com (shareware) and an ACS recording interface to make copies of voicemail in an mp3 format.

KE407122

I use Nicelog which is what is commonly used in the Financial/ banking industry to record all trades and financial transaction....it is not a cheap solution though. The company name is NICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back