Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitoring a DN, programmed on a Phantom set from an 1140e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chals47

Technical User
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, I have a DN programmed on a phantom set and I need to monitor the mailbox associated with the DN from sevral 1140e phones. I need them to light up when a message is left in the mailbox for the number on the phantom set. When you try to program the 1140s with a SCN button for the number, it errors out because the Phantom numbers must be defined and unique. I looked around the forums for another way to do this but cant seem to find one. Do any of you have any experience on how to get around this?

I'll take a stab at this!

Instead of using a phantom, program your number on an addon, kba or aom, that is only in programming, on a set that won't disable, say your phone room set.

You should be able to then program your scn keys and xmwk on the sets that need to monitor the mailbox.

Just a theory!

How about setting up a XMWK XXXX key (Message by DN key)on the sets that need to monitor the MBox, they would require CLS lmpx.

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti

Hi and thanks for the replies, I tried Splic3d's idea of putting the XMWK on the phones to monitor the phantom DN but it requires you to have the number as a non PDN on the phone with the XMWK.

I thought about using Woodlock's idea to MARP the dn on a "hidden" button on one of the 1140 phones. I know that will work, but I need the 1140 phones to have 4 rings to VMX and the monitored box to have 2 rings to VMX. That is why I didnt use that idea originally.

I hate to make this more complicated than it has to be but I need to have a dedicated TN to house the DN and allow other phones to light up when there is a message in the box. I need the phantom DN to have 2 rings to VMX and the monitoring 1140s to have 4 rings to VMX.

A thought, I think you can attach the monitoring DNs to the Mailbox in CallPilot as MWI Indicators, does anyone else use this method?

Thanks for the ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back