Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor who logs into Meridian 1 / CS1K

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtechv

Technical User
Feb 15, 2007
US
I would like to capture the source IP of anyone logging into one of our Meridian 1 or CS1K systems via rlogin. I thought this might be an SNMP trap, and it certainly may be, but when I configure an open alarm in 117, I get a message that someone connected and logged in, but I can't see the source IP. Is this possible? If so, can you point me to an NTP, other source of info, or provide guidance please? Thank you in advance,

V

Hi vtechv

NTP NN43001-604-05-09 Security Management Fundamentals and NN43001-600 might help.

In call pilot the loggs show the account and IP of who is accessing the voice mail system, just not sure about the IP being identified when accessing the pbx -- however -- I know the account is monitored or identified.

TGD

LD 117
=> prt sel 500

This give you all the system event list (SEL) and show you the IP address of each login request (SEC007).
The 500 represents the default size of the SEL. Yours may different. Try "prt selsize" to check,
I'm not sure if SEC007 is configured to generate an SNMP trap but you could probably change it if it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back