Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor outside calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecomadmin12

Technical User
Apr 27, 2012
DE
I would like to be able to monitor all outside calls for all of my stations. I want to know which station dialed what outside number. How do I do that?
I have Definity 8700, CM3.0 and mostly analog 2500-type phones.
Thanks.

You will need a Call Detail Recording (CDR) solution. There are several vendors, Veramark is one of them.

Kevin

you can also use a program call the avaya reliable data transport tool or rdtt , it is available from the support site and will collect your cdr data and you can choose the ouput source folder , it is very simplistic data but does give you all the required info and its free!!

See an output below to see if its what you need. This was an outgoing call from agent id 2006 ( you can show station data id also if you use agents and dont want to show agent id )

03/27/13 11:46:58 Data Received:
032713 1146 00004 7 9 701 07881376904 2006 001 0 0

DATE & TIME ARS TAC DIALLED NUMBER ORIGINATING DEST

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

And to add to the steps in that FAQ - create a shell script that rotates the log file every day (mine drops the log file into a directory published by Apache, so the logs are accessible via browser):

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#
killall netcat
sleep 4
# FILE=`/bin/date +"%d-%m-%Y.txt"`
FILE=`/bin/date +"%Y-%m-%d.txt"`
netcat -l -p 50000 > /cdr/html/$FILE &
rm /cdr/html/current.txt
ln -s /cdr/html/$FILE /cdr/html/current.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.