Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor misbehaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2004
US
I am hoping someone might know a fix for this problem. I recently created an image for which we will be ordering new PCs. I did not have the 17" monitor that is part of the system, and used another 17". Now, with the system monitor, the desktop has a border of black around it. It can be changed within Windows, but upon restart goes back to the same. Changing the display with the monitor settings is not possible, because both the vertical and horizontal are at 100 percent. How can this be resolved. Thanks.

WARNING: I take NO responsiblity for the following.

If needed, can you or are you the Administrator on the local pc? If not, can you be set up as the local admin?

1) Try setting the computer's resolution to something higher.

2) If 1) doesn't work, try removing the monitor, and let the computer re-detect hardware. It should find the monitor and set it properly. You may also need the monitor driver, if there is one for anything special it might require.

Thanks PRPhx and B4db0y,

I found the answer. Here is what it turned out to be. The image was made on a different (60MHz) monitor; The Dell monitor wanted 85MHz. Once we set the resolution to 1024x768 and got the right MHz, all was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back