Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor message

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyorkie

Technical User
Nov 20, 2002
AU
After power failure re-booted NT 4 Server.screen size incorrect went to change settings and screen went blank, then a message "out of frequency" "power management counts from 20 to 0 and screen goes blank. Now i dont get a logon screen. Any clues??

Use a newer monitor to temporarily get the screen working again and then adjust the display settings so that it works with the other monitor.

Have tried brand new monitor ...... still the same

You are prompted during NT4's boot sequence to choose between Normal or VGA mode, yes?

Assuming that the above is correct, enter VGA mode and change the display settings to something your monitor can handle.

Grenage

During NT4's boot sequence I did not get to choose between Normal or VGA mode, Have almost worn the F8 key out and rebooting to get the VGA option. Finally I got the option and was able to reset the Monitor settings. Recovery options set to zero was the problem.( now reset to 4secs) and the option for Normal/VGA is is now there when rebooting.
Thanks for the replies from yourself and Griffyn

Good to hear you got it working, I thought that might be the problem if the menu was not being displayd.

If the same problem occurs in future you can change the length of time the menu is displayed by editing the boot.ini file on the C:\ drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back