Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor looses red periodically

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunited

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2001
US
Occasionally my monitor will loose the color red. It doesn't happen all the time, just on occasion. Does this sound like a bad cable or is my monitor slowly going bad?

Thank you

I have experienced both. Make sure that the cable is plugged in tight to both the PC and the monitor (if it is one of those monitors). If some pins are not connecting then some of the colors will not be shown. "Usually" a cable will not be bad unless you kinked it so much to break the wires or drastically bent some of the pins.

However, the problem could be in the monitor itself. I recently had a KDS with the same problem and had to warranty it. That worked out well because the new monitor they sent me was an upgrade worth $100 more than the old one!

-Ed

Thanks for the information. I unhooked the monitor and noticed a pin was broken off. I am going to order a new monitor and hope that works.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back