Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor (listen to) phone calls 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHaha

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2001
US
I would like to know if there is a way for an office manager to be able to "monitor" his employee's phone calls?

We are using a Definity G3 system.

Thanks

Hi,
First way - Service Observing feature and don't forget to switch off warning tone ch system fea .

Second way- Take the headset with "crocodiles" and go to the cross.... :) ,It will be hard to do so for digital terminals...

Don't forget any legislation issues with this. I'm not sure where you are, so you'll need to investigate locally, but there are laws that dictate how you go about doing this. If you remove the warning tone, it might be necessary (as it is in the UK) to pre-notify at least one party to the call that they may be monitored.

We have concerns about the attendants answering calls (thier attitude). I tried the service observe, but it doesn't allow me to use it. It works on extensions. Any suggestions?

There are devices that let you attach a recorder to the handset of the telephone. We used this with a voice activated recorder after we received a bomb threat at the attendant console.

It is pretty low-tech but effective. We monitored all of our consoles, and you will probably have to do the same to show that you are not targeting an individual.

Are several items that will do this.

The bad thing is that you can't monitor real-time.

pansophic

The Ability to use the option service observing fròm a station tò a station depends on the Classes Of Restriction. Check the COR's of the station you want to service observe and ofcourse, the COR of the person listening in. The involved fields are in the upper left corner of the COR-field. If you need more help on this, just gimme a shout.

Good Luck!

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

-Please let fellow members know if their post was of any help-

hey does this little system work with a definity system g3v8, -lucent phone 7406D- and can you add a recorder to this device.

All we want is to record random agent calls once or twice a week. So capacity is not an issue.

If you purchased one from this company, how long did it you to get it after you ordered it? Do they send all te equiptment that you will need to start recording?

Thanks

If you are talking about the JK Audio devices, I am certain that they should work on any common telephone, but understand that these devices install between the telephone base and the handset. Agents will know when they are being recorded.

To get around that, you would need to do something interesting, like set up service observing, installing the recorder on that telephone. You'll probably want to remove the mic from the handset on the phone so that you don't pick up any room audio on the recorder. You do not have to remove the mic to silently monitor the agent though, the switch hooks you up in simplex for service observation.

As far as attaching a recorder is concerned, that is what these things are designed for. I've even hooked them up as the mic input to a sound card and digitally recorded before.

pansophic

pansophic,

Hey I went out and bought that JK Audio device. It works great. It is a good alternative to the very expensive monitoring device, if you want limited listening functions. As for the sound quality I dont think you could get better. I think that little device is what radio stations use when they are at a remote site and are answering calls on the radio.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back