Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovas

Technical User
Aug 6, 2002
US
My monitor broke and until i get a new one i am trying to use an old 15 inch one. But the screen is all back when I log into windows. I think it might be because the resolution settings are wrong. I can log in just fine in Safe Mode and the Display settings show 640 by 800 something? And cant be changed. If i can log on into safe mode there has to be a way to make it work normally. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

thank you ;)

I think you're right. The resolution you have set exceeds the monitor's capabilities. The reason it works in safe mode is because it uses a low resolution by default (maybe 640x480 or 600x800)

Yes, so does anyone have any idea how to change the resolution for the normal boot?

perhaps go into dos mode and edit some settings files?

there has got to be a way :)

Thanks!

Howdy:

Boot back into Safe Mode .. Once in there, go into Device Manager and remove your video card and drivers from there..

Reboot your system.. Windows will find the video card again.. Install the drivers and keep the resolution set to 640x800..

Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back