Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor color

Status
Not open for further replies.

walks

Technical User
May 7, 2001
CA
Ummm, dont know why my last post got erased. I was wondering if someone could give me advice on something. When Im trying to watch a movie on Windows Media Player I get a constant purple color that keeps fading in. Then it will disappear. Then it fades in again then disappears. Its like that through the whole movie. Does this have anything to do with my monitor or is there anything in Windows I can do to try and fix this?

This can be caused by magnetic interference generated by something like badly shielded speakers.

Try degausing, see the documentation provided with the monitor.

Geraldine

Tried degausing but no difference. Any other suggestions? It doesnt have anything to do with the Saturation/Hue settings in Media Player does it? Or is it something that I have to fix in Windows?

Can't say I've come accross saturation or hue settings in Media player, but if the colour doeasn't appear at any other times it is possible that it is Media Player at fault.

You could always try uninstalling it and re-installing it again. That should set it back to its default settings.
Make sure you do a reboot in between.

Geraldine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back