Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOH wav file uploading to SD card on IP Office 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBINGER1

Vendor
Feb 6, 2003
US
Ok. I'm completely lost here. I have a file named holdmusic1.wav and I need to get it in to the system. As per the help document. The file is built as per Avaya specs and only 30 seconds long. There will not always be a PC connected to it with Manager running. So if it needs to reboot for any reason, there will be no way to get it reloaded. Several folks have given me different pieces of advice. But so far I have not been able to get the file to load. Can someone give me some detailed advice as to how I need to do this. I've read the Help menu so many times that I'm exhausted. Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me.

Go to file\advanced\integrated file management in IPO manager and open directory system\primary
Upload file and create the documented reference in system\telephony\tones and music.
Also make sure IPO is configured to load the file from SD card.

Also, call it holdmusic.wav unless it's an alternate music source for a hunt group.

'Look- one of ours out of the main hold!'

OK. Thanks guys. Got it done. I had it in the wrong folder. Now I'm trying to load custom AA prompts. And they just won't load. I've read quiet a few of the threads in regard to this and have tried multiple scenarios. Any suggestions? Using the LVM Utility and it accepts my files. Guessing I'm loading them in the wrong Folder like my MOH. I'll start a new thread just in case. Thanks again for the help.

The thing with the custom AA prompts that throws me is you expect the recording name to be in the dropdown box but it isn't, you then think it hasn't worked.

Just type the recording name in and you should be good to go.

+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

If Avaya had made the tool properly...it would ask if it's a user or group greeting/queue message etc and prompt for which user/group from a drop down list then upload it to the correct folder for you, or if it's an attendant greeting it should ask for a name and then upload it for you...but they didn't :)

I never had a problem with it, be glad there is a tool at all.
Many other vendors don't even bother to build anything at all (Panasonic).

the LVM process for custom AA's and greetings under embedded seems to differ slightly between versions, make sure you read and follow the instructions to a tee from the specific Install and maintenance manual for your version and it should work smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back