Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOH Vendors 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pudge99

Technical User
Nov 19, 2004
US
Any recommendations for a good "Music On Hold" vendor for a multi site (30) Nortel PBX customer. Currently using a remote download to a box connected to an analog port. Vendor is charging over $50 a month per site and thinks charges will increase in the fourth quarter.
Thanks in advance,
Pudge

We use American Impact Media, but only for three sites. We use them to record our scripts, then they send them to us on an SD drive for us to load. I am not sure what their cost is.

does the customer need "custom" music? do they have a MIRAN card installed with a free port?

If they don't need custom and there is a free port on the MIRAN card, there is royalty free music on the card already.

If they need professional custom music they are out of luck. I have a customer that just hooks up a CD player and puts it on Repeat/Shuffle for thier music.

Thanks PCAT200, I will check out AIM.

Thanks janaya, although I do need custom music that is changed on a monthly/quarterly basis. We used to use CD players, but with 30 sites a remote download is a better solution.

Yeah, custom messages always puts a wrench in the day to day.

Just google for MOH vendors they are a dime a dozen. What you want is the ability to purchase the equipment and then just upload your messages.

good luck

If you want to "roll your own" solution for multi-site, you could purchase your own hardware (where you can download content via Internet) from someone like Interalia or Premier Technologies.

For content our company used a local radio station group to produce CDs for our MOH equipment. They took care of the Voice-over work, music licensing, etc.

I'm using these guys, under the moniker "AMS - American Messaging Systems" or maybe it's "Service."

I have no Miran card, so they beam the music into this little adjunct box we have. I think we pay them about $19 per month for just one of my sites. I would think it might be cheaper for a multisite deal.

Plenty of great contact information!
Thanks Everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back