Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOH RCA Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

dowjonestt

Vendor
Jan 7, 2008
US
Anyone know of a source on the web that will provide RCA terminated plugs for MOH that I can use to punch down on the block for MOH. I am using Magic On HOld units. Thanks!

We have a computer hooked into our hold music with a play list in startup. It's on a UPS as well, but if the power goes out or it restarts the playlist automatically starts from the Statup Menu. Plus I can control the music remotely, which is a plus. :)

I was working on a project for a whle to start a media server where people could listen to streaming music online and request songs, etc. Then I realized it was hold music and went back to work.. haha.

That would be pretty cool. I hate waiting in an ACD que, listening to country for an hour at a time.

If only there were a way to get that to work.

Just got back from this client with the MOH issue. I was able to verify music at the block with my Butt Set but no MOH when placed on hold. Customer reported that they use to have a radio directly connected about a year ago with no volume control except from the radio itself. Then the music started to fade away and stopped playing on hold all together.

I checked to see if MOH was set to "Y" and it is in Config. I am considering replacing the cable in case of a short. This is a clean install well maintained Com. Closet and locked so I do think this was any damage at the block or cable. Is there a fuse that may have been blown on the CPU if the volume had been turned up to loud?

Never had this problem before.

No fuse. If you had music at the block, and your programming was correct (On Hold=Music), then you'll have to replace the cabinet to get it to work again.

We've had a couple blow out under similar circumstances.

What is defective within the cabinet that would cause this?

Don't forget that it IS polrity sensitive. If you have music on the block, try reversing it.

Good idea. Butt sets can be misleading that way if you're not paying close attention.

dowjonestt- The word we had from Nortel when this first happened was that it's an IC on the mainboard. I quit troubleshooting there. If you've got the time to dig into it, and find out anything specific, please let us know.

What is defective within the cabinet that would cause this?

An IC works and then doesn't. They don't fade out.

Capacitors dry out with age.

Thanks. I will try reversing. I have one these older units in stock. This guys wants to upgrade frmo his Flash VM to a version which gives him Outbound Transfer which would be a NAM 4.0 or a Call Pilot.

So if he does buy this from me I might just throw in the old Meridian as a repair exchange for a small cost. Does not sound like it is worth the time to try to fix it from what you guys say. He really wants MOH so this is important to his business.

Tried reversing it but will not work. I was able to send a lound sound over the line while on hod by shorting the wires but I can still not get music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back