Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOH RCA Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

dowjonestt

Vendor
Jan 7, 2008
US
Anyone know of a source on the web that will provide RCA terminated plugs for MOH that I can use to punch down on the block for MOH. I am using Magic On HOld units. Thanks!

Hubbell (and others) make a jack with 110 type terminations on one side and phono on the other. You can put it into a surface mount biscuit, or mount it into a wall mount plate. Then run a jumper from the 110 connection on it to your system blocks, and a cable from the MOH unit into the phono jack side. Just remember if you use something other than a MOH unit, (CD player or radio) to combine the left and right channels before it goes into the jack

Does Hubbell have a site I can't seem to locate them on line.

The cheap and easy way that I've done it is to take a piece of 1 pair cross-connect wire, take the RCA cable ends, strip all the wires back, and twist them together. I then use some B connectors to make the splice, then tape it up and make it look neat. Works every time.

John Panzer

iv'e been using these excellent made up cables that they sell at radio shack for like 5 dollars the one end is the phono and the other has clips that you can just attach right onto your MOH pair.

What are they called at radio shack becuase i have been looking for the same thing and cant find it at all even at radio shack?

What are they called at radio shack becuase i have been looking for the same thing and cant find it at all even at radio shack?

Alglo sell a BCM wire kit that has 3 cables it it 1 has mini to mini the other has mini to 1 pair wire for punching down.Plus they give you a mini to rca adaptor.

I'm not sure of the exact name on the bag but trust me you can't miss it, just go to the section where the rca type cables are at and look for the cable that I described in the above thread.

Check out this faq. I included part numbers where known
faq799-4980

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Found the cables at Radio Shack and bought 6 of them. Easier then making them up they were only about 5.00 each. Plenty of cord lenght.

I have tried to put MOD CD players on but whenever there is a power outage the stop. Any of them that you know that have a power switch that stays on and starts automatically?

Other than the Magic On Hold units?

For the past few months, we have started using mini MP3 players for music on hold. Prices are now down on them and no moving parts to wear out. Very little wall space needed.
They just sit there and loop. Luv em.

MarvO said it

The MP3's I've used still need to be restarted when they lose power. UPS? Or a specialty MOH device, as you said.

Marv what MP3 player model are you using and do they have a switch that will restart them and loop them when there is a power failure?

Even using a UPS will not prevent them from stopping when a long term failure happens and the UPS runs out of power.

I want to avoid return trips.

Sorry for the delay, I'm not on here as often now that I am busier. I used a SANDISK Sansa, 2 GB on my last install. Use a power adapter that is constant, or keep it on a USB port for power. Some power adapters time out after 8 hours or so. I have never had one stop playing. The built-in battery life is over 20 hours I think.

MarvO said it

So if the power goes out the unit still plays until the power comes back on? What is the cost for this unit and amount of music storage in terms of mins?

Were do you but them from?

Thanks!

The units we use have 64 mins of storage, automatically start to play when the power comes back on, can be wall mounted, can store multiple tracks (ie regular, holiday etc)
It has a USB port. Just plug it into a PC and download the MP# files.
I buy them for $149.
Are we allowed to mention names on this board?

The little SanDisk units that I use are only $49-$59 depending on sales. Many hours of storage and about 20 hours of battery time if power goes off. Most popular entertainment stores carry them. They are only about 2 inches long and 1 1/2 in wide. Very thin and you can clip them to most anything.

MarvO said it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back