Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOH Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkindness

MIS
Oct 22, 2001
GB
Hi All,

I've joined a small company which has a Definity SI running R10. Our music source is a portable CD player with a stripped audio lead punched into the Krone frame connected to an analog port.

Apparently this was working fine up until fairly recently but now we don't hear any music.

I can't see any alarms/errors on the switch and I've checked the cabling etc.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
David

Is the source on an auxiliary port, or just an analog port?

Did you check the CD player? When run continuously they last about 12-15 months then just die...

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Thanks for the replys.

The source is an analog port (don't have aux) and there's still life in the CD player.

Busy out the port -busy port ?
Release the port - release port ?
or
Change analog ports.

You can also use a test set on the analog port to verify audio is getting to the analog port. In additon, check your system parameters to tell if you MOH is punched down to the correct port.

I've checked the system parameters, busied and released the port and tried a different port but still no joy.

If I punch down an analog phone onto the same port on the Krone frame, I hear music okay.

The MOH would require a RC coupler to be integrated with it when you use it with Analog port, Try connecting an analog phone (off hook), in parellel to the krone punch(with analog port) & this should help you with it.

Go ahead and laugh I was always the class clown so I'm used to it! But did you check the volume? When swapping Bogen units the new units volume dial was turned all the way down and I had fun trying to figure it out. Just a thought
Tina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back