Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOH on a VoIP Trunk Group Opt. 81C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick45

IS-IT--Management
Dec 8, 2005
US
I have an Opt. 81C. (Sec. 3.0)I just had my vendor up date my DEP list to ver. 5. Now I am having problem with MOH on my virtual trunk group. I have 1 VoIP group connecting to and Option 11C (Sec. 4.0)I have MOH turnned on in my RDB. MOH works on all my other TDMA trunks. When I call to the Opt. 11C and they put me on hold I hear their music but when I put them on hold they hear nothing. It also is effecting my Symposium call flows. They hear ringing instead of music. I have my vendor ans Nortel looking into this Just thought I would ask a larger audience. We all think it may be a missing Patch?????

couple of things, if you changed rls's in either switch make sure that the rls info in correct on both rdb's and that the pni's numbers match and past rls 3 they also need to be the the cdb.. more the likely, your right.. it's a patch. it worked before the new dep list

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Yes I did check that. thanks I quest I need to wait for Nortel and my vendor

Replacing our ITG 3.1 VoIP trunking with the H323 Sig. Server platform and having trouble getting our MOH to work on the virtual trunks. Also 81C Succession 3.0. Tried and verified all the CDB and RDB parameters with no luck.
Was there a specific patch that resolved this issue?
Thanks, Pudge99

I had this happened at my last company. When you up-date your DEP list to 5 Nortel left out a couple of the patches that handle the MOH with IP trunking. I think it is only 2 patches. If you have your old list prior to up-dating just compare them. Sorry I don't have the MLP #'s but you can start looking in this direction.
Good Luck

Thanks for the reply PBlaney!
Downloaded the applicable patches, but still to no avail. Hi-tech folks think we need "MUS CON" ISM's for the new H323 trunks to make the music sing. Not so sure about this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back