Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOH not working accross the network

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelhawk

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2004
GB
Hi,

We have voice network consists of mesh of interconnected passport 7480 nodes and Nortel 61C PABXs are connected to each of the passports.

Now problem is i have connected a MOH to one 61C....if the extentions with in this 61C are put on hold we can hear music but suppose we are calling extention on other node then while putting them on hold there is no music.

In nutshell across the network my music is not going. Pls HELP./regarding wot may be the issue........

Thanx a lot

you need a music source for each node, i don't know if moh is supported by 9751's, strange piece of work

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The MOH on the 61C only works on the 61C. It is not designed to work across a network. MOH is required at each location where you put the phone on hold.

Hi,

We have MOH across all the centres and i can hear hold music from the other end when i m put on hold from that end.......something related to the network i guess.....

It sounds like you are giving MOH internal but not external where you are then, the others seem to work okay if you are hearing their music when they put you on hold. make sure the Music route is defined, are you getting any error messages? Its not a network issue, they should still hear the music when you place them on hold, it doesnt sound like you are trying to provide the music to all systems from 1.

when your calling from the 7840, putting you on hold works just like putting some one on hold for an external call. for moh to work on the 7840, you need to install it in the 7840..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi,
thanx a lot for the help .....but john how exactly can we connect MOH to 7480 Passport.......MOH shud be connected to 61C right .......is there any fault with the music route config???????

I don't know much about passports but don't they interface to the 61C on a tie trunk route?
If so, then you need to change those tie routes to MUS YES and MRT xx (whatever your music route is).
Then the external callers will get music on hold, but only when put on hold at the 61C that has the music route.
I think that's what Johnthephoneguy was referring to.

Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back