Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MoH issue CUCM 8.6 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete720

IS-IT--Management
Mar 29, 2014
US
Hi everyone,

I am working on a voip class project. There's a HQ and a Branch. The CUCM cluster is in HQ and consists of a publisher and a subscriber. I configured the multicast MoH for HQ and Branch phones. But the MoH is not working in Branch phones.

When I make a call from "A" HQ phone to "B" HQ phone and put the call on hold, "B" can hear the music,

When I make a call from a branch phone to a HQ phone and put the call on hold, the HQ phone can hear the music.

But when I make a call from a HQ phone to a Branch phone and put the call on hold, the Branch phone cannot hear the music. It goes to silent

Also when I make a call from "A" Branch phone to "B" Branch phone and put the call on hold, "B" phone cannot hear the music.

Don't know why any of the Branch phones cannot hear the Music on Hold.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

You might start by checking the Max hop field. Also, if you have a router setup between HQ and branch, make sure there isn't an ACL blocking the MOH source.

The Max Hops field in the Music On Hold (MOH) Server Configuration window indicates the maximum number of routers that an audio source is allowed to cross. If max hops is set to zero, the audio source must remain in its own subnet. If max hops is set to one, the audio source can cross up to one router to the next subnet. Cisco recommends setting max hops to two.

I assume all the phones are registered to the Sub, regardless of location? If so, I would also suggest an ACL is blocking it.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice

There's no ACL blocking the MOH source.
Max hop is configured as 3. I have HQ router, WAN/PSTN router and Branch router
All the phones are registered to Sub.
How do you configure Branch router to allow muticast MoH?

Sounds like a codec issue. Are you using g792 at the remote site?

I am using g711ulaw within sites in HQ and Branch and G729 between sites

You can't present moh in g729. Simply won't work which is what you are experiencing. You will need to create a g711 region for moh everywhere.
To save bandwidth you can place the moh file locally to your remote gateway and multicast it from there. The process is well documented on cco.

Good call whykap. Totally forgot about the codecs.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice

@whykap, This might be a dumb question but what is cco.?

Unfortunately, my project requires to use two audio sources and I can only stream one audio source through the router. I created a new region with G.711 for moh everywhere. Assigned the region to the MoH device pool and device pool to the MOH server. enabled multicast routing in HQ, Branch and WAN router. Still doesn't work.

So your remote site requires two moh files?
Have you reset the moh device pool after changes?

I placed the MOH file on the remote gateway. But it only works when the system goes to SRST mode. Other wise I get the same issue as before when the WAN is up.
This is what I have configured in the remote router

call-manager-fallback
max-conferences 8 gain -6
transfer-system full-consult
ip source-address 172.40.129.254 port 2000
max-ephones 10
max-dn 10
system message primary network down
dialplan-pattern 1 5203252... extension-length 4
voicemail 4123661000#
moh flash:/LooneyTunes.au
multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384 route 172.40.254.254 172.40.129.254
cor incoming Lobby 1 2190
cor incoming Sales 2 2192 - 2193
cor incoming Executive 3 2191

I enabled "ip pim dense-mode" in voice vlan, data vlan and management vlan, also loopback interface.
voice vlan ip: 172.40.129.254
loopback interface ip: 172.40.254.254
multicast routing is enabled

In CUCM, I have two MOH server. I enabled multicast in one MOH server and set the max hop to 1.
I created MOH Group and assinged the MOH servers to it. Then I assigned MOH Group to MOH Group List.
I assigned the MOH Group List to the Branch Device Pool and reset it.

It works!
Assigned all the phones the same user/network music on hold source.
disabled multicast routing in WAN interfaces.
MOH streams from branch router in branch office!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back