Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOH Interface install on 8700

Status
Not open for further replies.

berpen

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2004
US
Can anyone give me a step by step install on the ks-23395L4 music coupler? I cross connected a pair from an aux port and ran it to where I want it to be installed. Now what do I do now? Do I need additional equipment?

Did you added the music source in your PBX?

change music sources Page 1 of 7
MUSIC SOURCES

Source Type Port Description

1: music 02B1502
2: music 23B1901

This is on a S8700.

On an earlier version the source needs to be added in the
change system-parameters features screen.
Music/Tone on Hold: music Port: 02C1701
It can be on an AUX trunk pack or an Analog pack.

The coupler just isolates and connects the music on hold playback device you buy. This can be just about anything from a CD player to a sattelite dish feed. If you don't have one already, you'll need to buy one.

Of course you must remember to pay your license fees to ASCAP and BMI if you use any published music. Music on hold is considered a "public broadcast" for license purposes.

However, my new favorite device for music on hold is this:

Under $200 US and it has no moving parts to clean or wear out. Hold 9 hours of music files (with the optional memory card) and retains everything in the event of a power outage.

If you obtain some unlicensed music files, no royalty or license fees are necessary. There are several good sources of those. Mine was the CD's from Ahern Communications .

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

I have a Muzak system already purchased. But, what I am asking is that I have a twisted pair just hanging. Do i need to crimp it and if so where does it plug into? As far as wiring, does anyone know how to connect what to what? Thanks for your responses...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back