Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOH - How to pump up the volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonegirl

Technical User
Jan 30, 2002
US
We are using a portable CD player to broadcast music on hold. The volume on the player is set to full but when you are put on hold the music is hardly heard.

Any suggestions on how to turn up the input? I have the CD player interfaced to the MICS with a headphone jack that has been wired to the block.

Thanks

Sounds as if the wiring to the jack is not on the correct points to pick up the sound from the CD player. It is also possible that the cd player is tired. Take the CD player out and test with another headset if sounds fine change/check wiring config to jack.

PhM

If you use the original headset cord you could be shorting the Right and Left signals out. The best way I have found is to buy a mini headset jack at Radio Shack and wire it with jumper wire and it seems to clear it up. Hope this helps.
KDB

Yes, what usually causes this problem is using a mono plug into a stereo jack. The left and right signals will short out. Use only a 3 conductor plug into the CD player, then use only left signal + and - on KSU end of cable.
Hope that makes sense.

MarvO said it

if signal at bix is present buy not loud - chk with butset in mon mode - you may need a signal booster to match the impedence. you may contact me for more info if required - philvia@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back