Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOH from live feed, dialing translations, meet-me-conferencing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgruve

Vendor
Feb 19, 2002
US
I am new to the Cisco Callmanager. I have Cisco Callmanager Express 4.1 on a 2621XM. I'm using a 1751 as a voice gateway. The 2621XM has an NM-CUE in the NM slot. The 1751 has 2 vic-2fxo cards and 1 vic-2e/m card. The 1751 also has 4 DSP's. I am using 2 Magic Jack's (SIP trunks) as trunks for the voice gateway(1751). I have the callmanager set up for your basic run of the mill call handling. The NM-CUE is also set up with a few mailboxes. Without having any training on the Callmanager I have run into a wall on the configuration of some Callmanager features, for instance, the Magic Jack needs to see 10 digits to connect to the PSTN. I have dial-peers set up on both the Callmanager and the voice gateway to handle 10 and 11 digit dialing. Problem is, I would like to be able to dial 7 digits (local calls) and have those 7 digits translate to 10 digits for the Magic Jack.
I would also like to set up meet-me-conferencing on the callmanager, but I have not been able to find any documentation explaining how to do this when the callmanager and the DSP's are on seperate routers. I have MOH working fine from an audio file on the callmanager, but I would like to be able to set up MOH from a live feed, using the vic-2e/m, but yet again I have not been able to find documentation explaining how to set up MOH from a live feed when the callmanager and the vic-2e/m are on seperate routers. Any information and/or example configurations that you can offer will be deeply appreciated.

For the 7 -> 10 digit converison, use the num-exp command so if my local call is 123-4567 and my area code is 890 I'd add the command
num-exp 1234567 8901234567
Use '.' as wildcards as necessary. From there your 10 digit dial peer should work.

If you have an access code like a '9', try
num-exp 9123.... 9890123....
but you may have to move to a voice translation rule setup.

For external MOH, we used a config like this:
voice-port 0/1/0
auto-cut-through
type 5
signal immediate
input gain -6
description External MOH

dial-peer voice 6 pots
description External MOH Source
destination-pattern 8981
port 0/1/0

ephone-dn 100
number 8980
moh out-call 8981

Our E&M was on the same router as the CME. If yours is on a seperate router, you should be able to add a VoIP dial peer to get the call across to the E&M router.

Thanks for the info pndscm. I will try external MOH and the dialing translation configuration again using your examples as a guide.

Hi mrgruve,

I am doing some testing with 1751 router and also got E&M card inside.
But I got some difficulties to use the 1751 router as a voice gateway because I am not sure about the exact IOS to support H323 voice gateway command.
Since you are now testing with the 1751 router as a voice gateway, please let me know the exact IOS release if you don't mind.
I really appreciate your help.

Best Regards,
IpKid

IpKid, my IOS release is c1700-sv3y-mz.122-15. Hope this helps you. Also as I mentioned in a previous post, my router has 4 dsp's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back