Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOH Embedded Media Source space exceeded on 3300

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishhead64

Technical User
Apr 25, 2007
US
On two of my controllers, when trying to upload new media source for MOH, I get "The file exceeds the space remaining on the 3300" I can see that the free space is "Free Space: 299 of 16000 KB (38 of 2000 Secs)" All the other controllers have plenty (128000kb) of free space. Is this a threshold setting I can change?

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
Mitel Standard Linux 11.0.99
OVA 9.4.1.8
MiVoice Business Release level: 9.4
NuPoint Unified Messaging Build: 20.6.0.4.01
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

Check the "Embedded Media Sources" form, remove anything there that you don't need, that will free up storage space. I don't know of any way to increase the existing limit, so removing unused media files is really the only option.

Yes, I deleted the old files first to free up space which I've done in the past. This time it didn't free up enough. Getting a new, smaller audio file from the vendor that professionally produces them isn't the easiest option and frankly we shouldn't have to.

It does seem like 16mb is laughably small, especially when the others have 128mb.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

its a hardware limitation
you havent specified what the controllers are that are causing you issues
- i would guess perhaps cx's

i had same issue with professional MOH with speech - i ended up having to use audacity and cut segments of the music out between teh text to shrink it enough that it could be imported

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

They're 3300 MXEs.
I honestly can't believe they only have 16mb capacity for audio files, RADS, auto attendants and mailbox greetings? (if I'm understanding how this functionality works.)

Additionally, while we currently have 9622kb assigned, it's reporting we only have Free Space: 2089 of 16000 KB (262 of 2000 Secs) available.

Our partner is escalating to Mitel.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb
PowerPlay

@Fishhead64

If you are accurately depicting the disparity in files sizes, there must be a hardware/software difference to explain it.

As for your last, IIRC, Rads might use some of that recording space but I could be wrong on that, I've been out of the game more than a while at this point.

I recently had to do this at a site. The site was replacing a music on hold with one that was properly formatted and under the max size... but it wouldn't load.

I have a .wav file that I made many years ago that has 1 second of silence - I had a site that wanted this as a RAD to allow the caller to hear that and immediately get placed on hold.

I loaded that 1-second file and then was able to load the new file to the system.

Let me know if you would like this file and I'll make it available

We're told by the vendor that all the servers need to be reconfigured and the drive space reallocated. Each requiring downtime of 30-45 minutes (8 servers).
At this point, they told us we didn't need to assign port 0, only 1,2,3 so I was able to delete the prompt from port 0 and free up space, so it's working and we're leaving it alone for now.

We change prompts again in November, so we'll see what happens.
Nothing is ever easy.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8
Revolutions 2022.2.1
MiCC 9.4.2
MiR 7.0.0-16.0
CCMWeb