Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOH as a 7960 IDLE service 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbilan

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2002
US
We stream a TV station as our hold music. Some of us want to listen to this on the phone if it is idle or choose it as a service during the quiet times. Has anyone else heard of such a thing and/or know of a way to do this?

We can call each other and put ourselves on hold but obviously that is not the optimal way :^)

Tom Bilan
TJBA, Inc.
CCNP, CCDA, MCSE, CNE, CCA, ASE

It is not possible with standard callmanager, this would require a custom app to be written..

Also, you are aware that it is illegal to stream any kind of copyrighted material over a telephone network, unless it is properly licensed..

Just want you to know that so you don't get hit with a hefty fine :p

BuckWeet

I tried everything in CM so I figured it wasn't possible as a standard feature. I have written some small apps but I was hoping to not reinvent the wheel if someone had something done already. There's a big gap between doing a little XML displaying on the phone and starting an audio stream on the speaker automagically.

I wasn't sure on the license thing but I'll check into it. Any links to specifics would be helpful. We're a small shop and I'm sure we'll never hit the radar but I prefer to do things legit.
Tom Bilan
TJBA, Inc.
CCNP, CCDP, MCSE & CNE

You can get MOH working as either a service or as a softbutton when your idle logo is running. It does take some customisation but not a lot. The easiest was I can think to get this up and running is to add a softbutton to your idle logo. Edit the file idlelogo.xml and add the following information between the </Data> and </CiscoIPPhoneImage> to get a 'Music' softbutton

<SoftKeyItem>
<Name>Music</Name>
<URL>RTPMRx://239.1.1.1:20480</URL>
<Position>4</Position>
</SoftKeyItem>

The multicast IP address is configured on the Call Manager within the Configure MOH Server page. I am running CM 3.2. Multicast Audio Sources must be enabled for this to work.

It should also be possible to get MOH running as a service but I have been having some problems with this.
The following lines can be saved as an .xml file and then specifying the URL to your saved .XML file as a service.

<CiscoIPPhoneExecute>
<ExecuteItem URL=&quot;RTPMRx:239.1.1.1:20480&quot;/>
</CiscoIPPhoneExecute>

I hope this is of some use to you cheers,

Dan

Thanks DanScutt - works like a charm... that most certainly deserves a star!

- Adam

I'm running CM 3.1.4a and although the phone takes the command it doesn't work. I updated to the latest version of firmware on the phone too. From what I found on the web site this command was introduced in 3.2.2. If anyone gets this to work in 3.1 please post the details on how you accomplished this.

I was trying to hold out upgrading until 3.4 because Cisco is supposed to support facility-i D channel messages for caller ID text. I'd hate to go through the hassle twice.

Thanks, Tom Bilan
TJBA, Inc.
CCNP, CCDP, MCSE & CNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back