Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

modules not registering when installing Crystal 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaanesh

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2002
NZ
I am updating to a new machine and am trying to install Crystal 9. However when it gets near the end the following error message appears:

Error 1904 Module C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.0\bin\commonobjmodel.dll failed to register.
HRESULT - 2147024770. Contact your support personnel
Abort Retry Ignore

If I click retry nothing happens if I click Ignore all the other modules come up one at a time.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Slaanesh

Same to me,

Always had laptop with XP pro and CR9 developer. "New" laptop with XP pro with service pack 1. Installing CR 9 gives same 1904 failed to register error.

[sadeyes]No solution found so far

Remco

I have the same problem, any solutions?????
Error 1904 and various dll's not registering? CR9

These error messages appear because the incorrect version of Atl.dll (4.0.0.517) is on the computer. This version of Atl.dll fails to register the files listed above.

To resolve these error messages, install version 3.0.8449 of Atl.dll. You can find this version of Atl.dll on the Crystal Reports 8.5 CD.

If this doesn't work try

Comcat.dll is a dependency file needed to register Craxdui.dll, Crviewer.dll & CRDesignerCtrl.dll successfully.

Craxdui.dll, Crviewer.dll & CRDesignerCtrl.dll are all parts of the Crystal Report Design Component (RDC) development tool.

Version 5.0 of Comcat.dll does not register Craxdui.dll, Crviewer.dll and CRDesignerCtrl.dll successfully on Microsoft Windows NT 4 (Service Pack 4 or higher).

Follow these steps to successfully register Craxdui.dll, Crviewer.dll, & CRDesignerCtrl.dll:

1. Unregister your current Comcat.dll manually using the regsvr32 utility. To unregister Comcat.dll, click the 'Start' button, then click 'Run'. Type the following then press Enter:

regsvr32 /u "C:\WinNT\System32\comcat.dll"

(If C: drive is not your operating system drive, then replace C: with the appropriate drive letter)

2. Find Comcat.dll in the \WinNT\System32 folder. Rename this file to Comcat.bak

3. Copy the Comcat.dll file from the Crystal Reports 8.5 CD into the \WinNT\System32 folder.

4. Register the Comcat.dll file manually using the regsvr32 utility. To register Comcat.dll, click the 'Start' button, then click 'Run'. Type the following then press Enter:

regsvr32 "C:\WinNT\System32\comcat.dll"

5. Register the Craxdui.dll, Crviewer.dll and CRDesignerCtrl.dll files manually using the regsvr32 utility.

To register Craxdui.dll, type the following then press Enter:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\SEAGATE SOFTWARE\Report Designer Component\craxdui.dll"

To register Crviewer.dll, type the following then press Enter:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\SEAGATE SOFTWARE\Viewers\ActiveXViewer\Crviewer.dll"

To register CRDesignerCtrl.dll, type the following then press Enter:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\SEAGATE SOFTWARE\Report Designer Component\CRDesignerCtrl.dll"

here is the SIMPLE solution. I talked to CR tech support. Apperently all u need to do is reinstall CR9 again (do not uninstall the installation that gave you all the 1904 errors). That's it. I did it and it solved my problem.

Also be sure you are logged in as the non-default administrator. (don't use the Win default "administrator" logon).

Good luck

Hugh

That is a far better solution. What's strange is I got my solution from CR techsupport.

Gareth

Hi All,

I had already uninstalled CRW9 SP 2 and started receiving these errors. I found the fix by following the instructions at
However, the one step they did not include that made all the difference was:
1). unregister ATL.DLL before you do anything
2). Register the file after you have copied it.

Worked a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back