Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modules in a .mde file

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaweedOPM

Technical User
Nov 19, 2004
US
My past co'worker had written some macros for a database we use for billing. It takes our bill which is a complete mess and finds key characters then pulls out the actual data into the database. The thing is that he just left and when I try to get into the modules in the visual basic editor it says "Project is unviewable" yet it shows all of the modules.

When I look at the password protection areas that I'm familiar with I can't see anything that wouldn't alow it. Also when I try to open them through the main database window it says "You can't import, export, create, modify, or rename any forms, reports, pages or modules in an MDE database."

I think that is because it is linked right...??

Anyways the main database doesn't contain any modules at all. Please let me know what to do.

I've heard of like password crackers for excel but i don't know if this is some kind of protection or Im just stupied.

Nope not gonna do it. A MDE file has no source code that is all of the code is precompiled. What you need is the origional MDB file from which the MDE was created. Other wise, unless anyone knows how to decompile an MDE, your stuffed I'm afraid.

If so, and you know what the modules do, then post here and some of us might help you rewrite them.

Want the best answers? See FAQ181-2886

Well I spoke with my IT director and he told me that I'm out of luck because the mde is basically compiled and there is no code there at all. Let me know if there is any kind of special magic that will help me do what i need to please respond! lol
thx

redapples,

Hey is there a mde decompiler program out there?

Basically what the program did was import a bill from Sprint & Bellsouth (both differant formats) and put the information into a database. I was directed to look for on the internet for ILEC or CLEC bill reconcilliation for the two companies (S & BS).

Ok Now I have some info that telcordia set the standards for the formats so i'm going to try to search on that because they have 14 books on referances.

I think my question is starting to involve into another forum :)

THanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back