Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Module Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straw

Technical User
Mar 7, 2002
US
Geese, I beginning to think I have some kind of bug in my database or something. I fix one thing and something else goes crazy.

I created a button on my form using the wizard. All the button does is run a macro. However, when I go to form view and actually try to use the button, I get an error message that says "Module Not Found". This is a new one for me. What does it mean and how can I fix it. I also get this message on one other place on this form. When I make a selection in one of my combe boxes, I get this error message as well. Funny thing is that I was not gettting this error message yesterday. I guess this is my special prize for today.

Can anyone offer any guidance??!!
I am desperate!

Straw,

Have you resolved your "Module Not Found" problem? If so, can you tell me how? I have almost the exact same problem exept in my case, when I attempt to open the OrdersByCustomers form, I get the error message, then if choose reset in the VB debugger the form will open, but none of my buttons to call other forms will activate. Instead, I get the Module not Found message on_click.

This all started when I added a button to a second level form to open a third level form.

Any ideas?

There appears to be a bug that shows up in A2000 when certain
versions of the vb6 dll are installed on the machine; the manifestations are
corrupted vba modules. There appears to be a causal relationship in closing
an A2000 db without fully compiling it that initiates the problem in the
actual db. You may want to contact MS PSS directly as I understand they may
have a preliminary patch for the issue, but you have to ask for it, its not
downloadable.

Also, you might wish to see MSNB article Q304548. Robert Berman
Data Base consultant
Vulcan Software Services
thornmastr@yahoo.com

Robert,

Thanks for your assistance. I checked out the referenced article at MS and found that it recommended what I essentially wound up doing.

In my case, I completely found that part of my problem was occurring because even though the third tier form appear in my database objects list, I was unable to open it for viewing or in design mode. I redid the form and after a bunch of fiddling (copying and pasting code) was able to get things working again.

Of note is that this all started because I copied an earlier version of the first tier form from a saved backup. I now have a much better idea of how to avoid this issue <g>.

Finally, I'll note that I originally found this site when I was struggling with a different coding problem. In trying to formulate the problem for posting, I eventually found the solution before I ever made the post. Short story, this site is great for NOT asking questions too.

I get this error message when I open my timesheet database. This database is run by a switchboard form (created with the Switchboard manager) and any time I attempt to open it, I get the &quot;Module Not Found&quot; message. If I click on the OK button Access opens up the code window for a report, but the report it's opening the window for doesn't have any code behind it. I'm cornfused. I replaced the database with a known working backup this morning and now I'm getting the error message again. This happened a long time ago with this database but I don't remember what I did to fix it. The article referenced above doesn't offer me any help. Any other ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance, Jessica Morgan
Fire Fighter Sales & Service Co.
Pittsburgh, PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back