Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Module Not Found 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulieS

MIS
Nov 23, 2000
CA
Something very strange has happened to my database.
It was working fine, but all of a sudden when I click on a button on the main menu that takes me to another form, it says 'Module Not Found'. Its saying this for all buttons, and I"m not even able to open a form directly.
I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, could it be a virus?

The most likely is a corrupt database.
Have you tried a Compact/Repair ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Copacting and repair isn't working.

When I try to open the code, it says 'You cancelled the previous operation'.

Does that mean anything?

No Timer event running ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

check your code, is there anything strange there? like names messed up or modules missing?

what about references, has somone messed about with your library references? especially the access standard ones?

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

You could try creating a new database and importing all the objects from the troublesome database.

Hope this helps.

I have a procedure in my code that refers to a button I deleted - when I try to delete the code it won't let me, won't save it.
For now, I'm just importing everything into a new database and designing the form again. It seems to be working so far, thanks for the suggestions.

julies said:
when I try to delete the code it won't let me

that is very strange, just how is it not letting you delete the code? is is giving you a popup or just not deleting it when you press the del key, or is the thing popping back up once you've deleted it?

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

It pops up every so often as I'm deleting (I'm deleting line by line) and it won't let me save.

the only thing I can think of at the moment is if you've opened this as read only or something, maybe you've got a read lock from a previous crash or something...

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

I have had similar circumstances where something I had been working on stopped working all of a sudden or error messages started popping up. In those circumstances where I know something was working not more than a minute or so ago and some code has changed, I exit out and come back in.

So far this has corrected the majority of the issues I have had when it pops up. I wish I knew what caused it, but I am not going to complain if exiting out and opening it back up corrects it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back