Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Module Distance

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzyphil

Programmer
Sep 26, 2003
US
Can anyone tell me or help me find some literature on the following question. How far can a module be from the 412 or 406? I have a multi-floor site and would like to keep the IP 400 Phone modules as close to the analog extensions as I can. Any direction would help. Thanks.

The modules are connected by a 1m blue cable which comes from Avaya. It is not recommended do use any other cable. I have never see or heard of i working correctly with anything other then the 1m cable from avaya.

Using anything other than a 1M screened patch cable will cause unreliable performance

Thanks guys. I am in the US and having problems with ring voltages, MWI and DTMF. The wiring distance are about 600 ft. per run from the IP 400 module to the analogs and was thinking maybe about moving the module closer to the whse and cutting about 400 ft off the runs. Doesn't help the customer has 25 year old 2 pair 22awg wire running throughout the whse either. I have suggested new wiring and possibly the Viking extender as an option also. Any idea when AVAYA will set the voltages for the US standard as an option instead of the standard EU?

Phil

check that, the distances on the wire runs are 1600 ft. Truning to cut out 1400 ft of the run.

perhaps it is worth considering a 2nd IPO & networking them together using SCN?

I as well would like to put the ds module in a second building. The distance is 1200ft away and would save having to use 5610SW sets.

We've considered that IPGuru. We will probably go with an IP solution with the 56xx series seeing that they have a fiber backbone throughout the whse for data. The customer is stingy with money (imagine that), he is starting to realized the importance of his telephony scenario. They have a total of 65 analog phones and didn't want to replace them. The environment is not that friendly either. They are a steel mill.

Keep in mind to add IP phones you have to add a VCM.

Avaya are about to make newer IP400 Phone modules available (Phone Module V2). Amongst the changes is support for a wider range of MWI options - so they may have addressed some of the voltage issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back