Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modular Messaging with Exchange Outage

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsTech

Programmer
May 25, 2010
We have MM R5.2 with Exchange as our backend. We had a situation last week in that our Exchange went down. Several executives wanted to communicate this outage to all of our users by sending a broadcast message, similar to the way that we did with Intuity Audix.

It is my understanding that with Exchange as the backend, our broadcast messages rely soley on our email distribution lists. In that Exchange was down, we do not have access to any distribution lists. At least, that is my understanding. In this scenario, voice mail was working, in that calls would cover to voice mail and receive a message. The user could also retrieve the message but only using the telephone.

Is there any method (feature, work around, or 3rd party) to allow a mass broadcast of a voice mail message to all users, if Exchange is down?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Not really. That is the whole idea (Good or Bad) behind using Exchange as the message store.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

KenMeans -
Thank you. I was hoping that there was a work around or even a 3rd party option to send a voice mail broadcast to all users, while using Exchange as the backend.

MrsTech

MrsTech

You could use the Mutare has some options that may work.

Ken Means

Thank you. I am not familiar with them at all. Where could I find their possible options? Please let me know.

I can send you the info or just go to Mutare.com

We are partners with them for all of the products they make.

Ken Means

That would be great if you can send it to me. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back