Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modular Messaging Ver. 4.2 - Please wait, please wait, sorry the system is having problems - Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

wareemba76

Technical User
Sep 14, 2012
AU
Hi All,

This may only be a story for others reference. Our MM 4.2 was relocated and had new IP addresses assigned. We have 1 x MSS, 1 x MAS. Since that time, and only intermittently our users receive a message "Please wait, please wait, sorry the system is having problems - Goodbye", if they try again 15 minutes later it works. We see corresponding messages in the event log on the MAS that the MSS has timed out on connection.

Avaya support have suggested to apply Service pack 11 (is currently SP2) and to potentially recreate the LDAP database on the MSS.

Regards

I am guessing your MAS is still running Windows Server 2003. Are you planning to implement a new voicemail system when Server 2003 sunsets in July of this year (2015)? Microsoft has announced they will no long provide patches for the OS after that date.

Its a good point, I don't know of any plan to update the MAS O\S at this time. It is indeed on 2003 server. It will have been quite some time since windows patches have been applied to the windows box.

I think the issue with MM is that it wasn't developed to use any OS past 2003 server. And, it hasn't been developed for Exchange 2013. If you are planning to keep with current with Microsoft products and maintain your security posture, MM is going to hit a dead end in July 2015 (This Year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back