Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modular Messaging Release 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredfrog

Technical User
Oct 26, 2004
GB
I'm having problems with an install of MM rel 3.Its using the Avaya MSS with H.323 integration.
The IP trunks are up and the port monitor says that the ports are idle waiting for a call.When I call the MM I get no greetings and the call drops.Have re checked all the programming and it seems ok.
Any ideas?

When i had a problem like that it was in the PBX side programing. are you on a S8xxx avaya?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Hi Ken
Thanks for the reply.

yes its on an S8500 CM3.1.1
I have used the latest config notes from the Avaya site and the trunks are idle on the S8500.I can place a call but it drops.I have checked that the codec is set to mulaw.
Not sure where to go next.

what config note are you using is it 88014 version V (05/06)

The only thing i can say it to go over the config note line by line and make sure that it is set just like the note on both sides. When i have had this before it was always on the PBX side but you never know.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Hi Ken,
thanks for your help.You were right about the fault being on the pabx.I was using the latest config notes but the screen shots are not up to date.
The problem was due to the "direct ip to ip audio " being set to yes on the "ch sys fea".
If I set this to no,everything worked fine.So I have put the MM in its own network region(should be doing this anyway,I know!) and turned off direct audio in the network region,but enabled it on the "ch sys fea" .
Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back