Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modular Messaging - How to give Helpdesk access to reset password

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBcity

Programmer
Aug 28, 2013
US
Our Helpdesk wants to be able to reset vm password. I created a new admin login with the "Helpdesk" profile.

I got it to work and it only give access to reset vm passwords. But the "Immediately Expire Password" feature when set to "Yes" doesn't work.

Any inputs how to get this feature working?

If you update the password to "1", won't it ask the user to reset it? On our v2 and v3, that would prompt the user to change but it may be something specific to our setup perhaps. Give it a try.

not sure I understand the question but if you want for the user to change the password (after assigned by helpdesk), assign the new password with one less digit than your minimum requirement. ex. if your password minimum leght is 4, then give it 3 digits. the system will prompt the user to change it after they log in.

ezncool
You cannot solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them.
-Albert Einstein

What I am referring to is, if I select "yes" for Immediately Expire Password and change the password one less digit than the minimum requirement (4 digits), MM will not prompt the user to change password. Instead it says "invalid logon, mailbox number please".

Again this is using the "Helpdesk" profile in MM to administer inbox 3333
But using the administrator MM acct. the Immediately Expire Password "ye" works fine.

Mailbox Number: 3333
Subscriber Name: Doe, John
Numeric Address: 3333
PBX Extension: 3333
Password:
Immediately Expire Password? no yes
Is Mailbox Locked? no yes

We do not use the "HelpDesk" profile here but I just setup a test admin account with the Helpdesk profile base. I was able to reset a user password and set the "Immediately Expire Password" to YES and it forced the password change upon login.
When I look under "view role " I have everything set to deny accept Subscriber Access for the Helpdesk profile does your look the same when you look under "view role" ?

I checked under "Manage Administrative Roles" and used the role labeled "helpdesk", this one has role number 4, in this role everything is set as "Deny".

Under Security try changing Subscriber Access to allow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back