Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modular ICS Software Release 7.1 compatible with Enhanced ATA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slatecom

Technical User
May 9, 2011
US
Hello all,

I'm about to purchase MICS software release 7.1. I've heard that the Enhanced ATA (the more rectangular ATA) is not compatible with anything above version 6.1.

Here's what it looks like just so there's no confusion:

Is this true? It doesn't really make sense to me and some sources say the Enhanced ATA and ATA2 are compatible while only the plain old regular ATA with no features is incompatible with version 7.1

Thanks!

Thanks for the link, didn't think of searching for a compatibility matrix.

Looks like the EATA is incompatible with anything higher than 2.0, don't know what to do now.

In case anyone cares to know, after some effort trying to get the 7.1 cartridge to work (due to not having the upgrade kit, had to drain the capacitor), I brought the system up and the EATA seems to be working perfectly fine, even though it wasn't listed as being compatible. The "fake" dial tone sounds slightly different but it appears to be working just as it has before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back