Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

modifying the invoice for the "Order Entry"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gusperry

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2000
US
If anyone is familiar with this report, there is a seperation line that is automatically generated after each product entry within the 'Details' portion of the page. I need to know how to (a)remove or (b) modify the length of this line that does not appear on the editing screen.

One more thing, I think this one might be a tad easier to answer...
I'm having trouble linking up a field that I created for the order details database into the invoice report. A very usefull field that they failed to include in the wizard, Pruduct Description.

Well, I managed to create it and made my best effort to link it into the report... no good. Any thoughts?

In answer to the first question you asked, the line is not
after each record but in fact before each record. Move all
the fields down a little so that you can get to the line that is directly below the details section separator.

In response to the second question, once you have added a product description field you have to change the query in the reports record source properties to include that field first. Then you will be able to access the values from a new text box that you have created in the report.

Hope this solves your problem.

Umbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back