Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

modifying patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilesandbusiness

Technical User
Dec 2, 2008
US
I recognize that this is a complete newbie problem, however, it's driving me crazy. I've been modifying patterns. When I color in a pattern, and attempt to put it back in the selection of swatches, the bounding box is gone. Instead of going just around the image I want copied, it goes around the entire image. Therefore, my pattern no longer looks like a pattern. I couldn't find any forums that address this problem, therefore, I hope it's a simple fix. Please help...

...patterns require a no fill, no stroke box behind the pattern to define the pattern size...

...select both the pattern and the hidden box behind pattern and drag to the swatches palette, apply pattern to area required on artboard...

...to overwrite an existing pattern, press the alt/option key as you drag over a pattern in the swatches palette, this will update the patterns used on the artboard...

Andrew

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm just modifying an existing pattern, so shouldn't there already be a bounding box???? I really can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. When I go to reselect the object after coloring it. I use the selection tool, and drag it over to the swatch panel. Should I be using something else? Argh....

Thanks for your help anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back