Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modifying Outbound Caller ID with ARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackaltman

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2014
US
We provide outsourcing solutions for different companies. Is it possible to modify your outbound caller id based upon the keys prepending the number dialed (ARS Tables)? If not, does anyone know how we would go about doing this?

Assuming 3300

You cannot control caller ID based on number dialed (except 911 but don't go there)

You can control caller ID based upon key selection on phone prior to dialing out.

Create Keys on Phone
Name Keys via Tel Dir
Assign CPN via Associated Directory Number to key
Have COS of phone allow calling number based on key selection (exact name escapes me)

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Oh and all of ^^^^ is dependant on the Telco actually allowing you to control caller ID

Alright, here's a specific situation. One employee has an IP phone, which it's extension is included in two ring groups. Each ring group is related to two different client phone numbers (DID extensions). The employee answers each of those differently "Thanks for calling Company A!" or "Thanks for calling Company B!" We want them to be able to do something (anything really) which will allow them to dial out to a customer and the phone number related to the customer's respective client will be the Caller ID.

Is this possible? We were advised its possible for the user to go out as one, but not for it to be able to switch caller IDs. I just don't understand how there are hundreds of companies like our very small company that are achieving this.

My first response detailed how this is possible.

Can't really add anything more.

What did you not understand?

My apologies. I guess I'm so used to being told no.

So, when you say create keys on the phone. What keys would I be creating? Currently, each user is setup as a Multicall and then a member of various ring groups.

Would I need to change the DIS from a ring group to a Multicall? If not, how do you get a ring group to dial on a specific key?

you do not modify anything with your existing setup

You add 2 keys to each phone - DN's dont matter - assign as multicall so that up to 32 phones can use each key simultaneously

Key 1 is named Company 1 in Tel Dir
Key 2 is named Company 2 in Tel dir

Now in the associated directory form you assign a CPN to each of those keys

The COS option I mentioned earlier is necessary

The Telco must allow CPN control.

Really, I am not adding much, I am repeating myself for the 3rd time now.

COS option is called "non-prime public network identity"

Thanks a lot! This definitely worked. I apologize for the frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back