Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modifying Fireworks dropdown menus in DW

Status
Not open for further replies.

codelover

Programmer
Dec 10, 2001
US
I designed a web site using Fireworks dropdown menus across the pages for navigation. They work fine, with all the submenus flying out to the right, but in doing so, the submenu of the last menu on the right flies out past the border. Is there any way to modify the code in Dreamweaver so that this last menu's submenu flies out to the left instead. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

[yinyang] [yinyang] [yinyang] [yinyang] [yinyang]

Post some code so we can have a better idea of how to advise you

Cheech The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

Thanks for responding, Cheech. Rather than I paste a lot of code here, here is the link to the site- [] I'd appreciate your help, plus any comments regarding the site.

Thanks again!

Hmm, well, I don't know about making the menus fly to the left, but it sure is hard to read the menu text without some opaque background behind it.

But the code you're looking for is embedded in your page from a file called "mm_menu.js" or something like that. When you created the Fireworks html, that file should have been exported to your root web directory. If you know a bit about Javascript, you can go through it and modify it however you want. Good luck!

--Ryan

Thanks, Snoop - I'll take a look at the file. What do you mean it sure is hard to read the menu text without some opaque background behind it? Are you talking about the menu headings? The lettering is #CCCC99 on a background of #333366. The flyout lettering is #333366 over a background of #CCCC99, and each selection reverses as you mouseover it. It looks opaque to me. Can you provide a screen print so I can see what you're referring to? I'd appreciate your input.

[yinyang][yinyang][yinyang][yinyang][yinyang]

Alright, the problem was mine. I was viewing your page in Opera, and it wasn't formatting it right. I opened it in Explorer, and the pop-up background appeared just fine. That's what I get for using a non-mainstream browser, huh? :)

--Ryan

And that's what I get for not testing it in Opera, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back