Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modifying 1120 & 1140 DSCP Values 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gv82

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2007
I'm working with my network engineers to setup QoS. Are the DSCP values used by 1120 and 1140 phones documented/modifiable?

Thanks Don6531. Do you happen to know if changing the DSCP values shown on page 242 changes how the phones mark DSCP? I get the impression the configuration settings shown in the document only modify how the node elements mark DSCP.

From what I understand you cannot modify the phoneset DSCP.

Why do you want to change it from 40 and 46?

The phoneset DSCP parameters are configured through Element Manager. They can also be overriden via configuration settings directly on the phones.

Tman45,

We are developing a project plan for QoS over our WAN. Our network engineering team has a master plan for DSCP values on our network. I was asked to investigate what options we have for modifying the signaling and media DSCP values coming from the phones.

Thanks gwebster,

Do you know if the phone DSCP values can be modified through the Business Element Manager interface as well? Our environment is predominantly Nortel BCMs and a handful of CS 1000s.

I'd like to determine the easiest way to modify the DSCP values for 1000+ phones. Aside from the Element Manager and Business Element Manager interfaces, is there a central configuration server style approach we can take?

DSCP paramaters can be centrally configured via TFTP/HTTP files which are pulled by the 1120E/1140E on reboot. Look at a current copy of the "IP Phones Fundamentals" NTP as well as the Product Bulletin associated with the 1120E/1140E firmware.

NICE Gweb! Another thing this young buck learned!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back