Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modify Window Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayCat

Programmer
Jul 12, 2002
US
I have a fill file clause on my modi window screen command, to throw up a copmpany logo back splash. When I run the prgs from the command window it works OK, but when I compile it and run the exe, it does now show up.
Any ideas on what is happening would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

Did you verify the file can be located at run time? It may be that the app has a different path set than during developement.
Dave S.

Yes,
Bad programmer,
but it is hardcoded to the root of the application where the startup executable is.

How 'bout if you do something like @ 0,0 SAY 'MyFile.BMP' BITMAP. Does it find it then?
Dave S.

Yes, I tried that one too. It worked from the command window and not from the executable.

OK. That was too wierd. Don't like wierd, when working against a time line.

I used a different logo, just by chance, extremely smaller. Worked OK and tiled OK. I think this may have something to do with the original fox main screen size. Don't have time to test it out now. But I will later...

Thank you for your input.

Did you include this file in your project? Did you keep it separate in the .EXE directory?

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back