Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modify measure rollup In Transformer 8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2002
CY
Hi
I have a requirement to alter the rollup of a percentage measure. The scenario is this:
My dimension is Plant / Supplier / Part.

At the bottom level, Part, I want to report the actual percentage , eg. 90% or 170% etc.

However, when rolling up to the supplier level, I want to effectively round down anything over 100% to 100%.

For example, my input records might be:
Part 1 90%
Part 2 70%
Part 3 150%

But when rolled up I want 260 (ie 90 + 70 + 100) rather than 310.

The volume of intersections effectively rules out the use of 'external rollup'.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

I hate to ask/say this, but percentages are not additive in nature. For what cause are you trying to roll them up in the first place?

Anyway, I would load the complete set twice and force to choose between sets by a context filter.
The first set is used for actual percentages, the second for supplier values., Obviously this invalidates trying to roll up the first set to higher levels

Ties Blom

Ties
Thanks for replying.

I am aware that percentages are not additive, these numbers are used in further processing/manipulation for average values, but the user also needs to know the actual values at granular level.

To make sure I understand your reply:
are you suggesting 2 measures: one at lowest level, the other one for rollup levels?

Ian

We have more or less similar models involving different sets of measures (like pure measures and weighted ones) Our solution is to load multiple sets and force the user to select 'a' set through a context filter. So, in that case the measure is always the same , but the slice changes.
It will work in your case as well, but you cannot expect to perform drill-down/up as you would with one set

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back