Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modify Infoview parameter prompt screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

intrex

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2002
US
hello,

I am having a terrible time trying to make changes to the layout of the parameter prompt screen in InfoView. I am using Crystal Enterprise XI (.net on IIS). I have dug through all of the code and I can't find anywhere that actually generates this page. Is this something that is impossible to do?

Thanks for your time,

Hi there,

It is possible to change the styles used for the parameter screen.

I needed to do this as the default window size for ActiveX viewer (release 1) is too narrow, requiring the user to scroll to the right to complete range parameters and to see all options selected for a multiple selection list.

Workaround is to revise C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0\crystalreportviewers11\prompting\css

The changes I made are:
Code:
.pePromptTextBox 
{
    font-size: 8pt;
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    font-family: Arial, verdana;
    width: 225px;  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Changed from 300
}

.pePromptDropDown 
{
    width: 225px;  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Changed from 300
}

.pePromptListBox
{
    width: 235px;    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Changed from 300
}

Hope this helps,

Malcolm.

Thanks for the reply,

I had to make more major changes that they CSS would allow. Unfortunately after spending tons of time on this I found out that there is no way to change the code.

The javascript (that is running by the .net engine through aspx pages) is calling something like CrytalReports.ProcessDotNetHtppRequest. This function doesn't return anything and it actually creates all of the html and posts it to the screen. Infoview really paints you in a corner if you want to change the parameters screen. It is virtually impossible. I ended up using client side javascript to manipulate the dom object before is posted to the user so the user will see a much more appealing parameters screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back