Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modify CUPS Printer - A3 Paper in Tray 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurio71

Technical User
Oct 1, 2009
MX
I have a HP Color LaserJet CP5225dn that I set up using the web server at for 50x iMacs. I have 2 trays installed. Tray 2 is A4 paper and Tray 3 is A3 paper. How do I configure the paper size per tray? At the moment the print only recognises A4 paper.

Support Technician in an Educational Environmant

lpadmin -p "Art_105_A3_Printer" -v "ipp://10.182.128.74" -P "/Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/Printer_Driver.gz" -o printer-is-shared=false -o Media=A3 -o InputSlot=Tray3; cupsenable "Art_105_A3_Printer" -E; cupsaccept "Art_105_A3_Printer";​​

Does anyone know how to add Tray 3 via commandline?

Where can I find the options for options for lpadmin or lpoptions?

Got it, run lpoptions -l /Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/HP Color LaserJet CP5220d Series.gz against the printer driver. Which will produce all the options.Below is the command to install Tray 3 with A3 paper.

lpadmin -p "105_A3_Paper" -v "socket://10.182.128.74/" -P "/Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/HP Color LaserJet CP5220d Series.gz" -o printer-is-shared=false -o Media=A3 -o InputSlot=Tray3 -o sides=one-sided -o HPOption_Tray3=True; cupsenable "105_A3_Paper" -E; cupsaccept "105_A3_Paper";

Also I can configure a Windows share printer
sudo lpadmin -p Art_105_Colour -v smb://8567dip000sf002.detnsw.win/Art%20105%20Colour -P "/Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/HP Color LaserJet CP5220d Series.gz" -o printer-is-shared=false -o PageSize=A4 -o InputSlot=Tray2 -o sides=one-sided -o HPOption_Tray3=True -o auth-info-required=negotiate; cupsenable Art_105_Colour -E; cupsaccept Art_105_Colour;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back