Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modify Crystal Report in InfoView

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edie0802

Programmer
Jul 11, 2003
US
I am using BOEXIR2, SP1, CHF17.

I have a user who published a .rpt to BOEXIR2. It runs under the Properties, Preview tab and also under History, Run Now. It also runs fine in InfoView.

Where it is failing is in InfoView when Modify is selected.

This is the error: "CrystalReportViewer Failed to retrieve initial report values. For example, the database information for this report could be incomplete or incorrect. This is a configuration problem. Please contact your system administrator."

I don't think it is an ODBC problem because it runs in CMC and InfoView.

I do not have a crystal client to test this .rpt on myself.

Other crystal reports are fine when we select Modify.

I have checked under Preferences, Crystal Report in InfoView and I get this error for all of the 4 viewers: Active X, DHTML, ADHTML, and JavaViewer.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Modify" will try to launch the web-based CRYSTAL REPORTS EXPLORER product.

Depending on your license-type and configuration, you may not have access to that tool.

Why does the user need to modify the RPT in the web-browser if they have the desktop tool...?

Other reports that are in the BOEXIR2 application do not product this error when I select Modify. We have the correct license type.

What version of Crystal did the user who created the report have? There may be a version mis-match.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

-Dell: That is an outstanding idea! This particular user just MIGHT be using the older software. Now that's thinking outside the box...I will check, thanks!

-E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back