Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modify a table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have modified the ordergroup table. I added a field and in one asp got the value of this field. Until here all is correct.
But my problem begin when I want to pack the site and unpack it on the production environment. My field don't appears?
Why?
Somebody helps me.

Thanks!

The reason the field does not appear is because Commerce Server useds pre-defined sql scripts to re-create and populate known tables when a site is packed. The Site packager will not script new tables, columns, stored procedures, etc...

The best way to deal with this is to create a DTS package to move the database instead of having Site Server move it for you.

Or you could modify the sql statement is uses. If you know sql script it's not difficult (and I think it's the recommended way). And you have all the other fields it creates as an example. I have a bunch of custom tables that need to be moved every time I pack and unpack and I modify the sql. I believe the default is profilesql.sql, copy that and modify it.

I modified a table from 2 to 4 columns and insert statement accordingly. When I make a transaction I am getting following error
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Insert Error: Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition.

How do I fix this?

I have site server 3.0 as application server and sql server for database. I created a new screen to update a table and added to the manager. I am unable to update the table in the database. I can update the database connecting directly to sql server. I am unable figure out the reason for not updating through web server manager. Can somebody help?

Pushpa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back