Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modified reports failing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endeavor

Programmer
Oct 21, 2002
US
Hi All,
We're using Crystal Reports XI and the reports are scheduled in Business Objects Enterprise.
When I make a quick change to a production report via CR XI on my local machine (I open the report by pointing to the Enterprise Folder and logging into Production), then save it, I encounter this error (see below) when the report is executed via the scheduler, but when I run it manually by clicking "Run Now" in the CMC, it runs fine and includes my changes.
I checked the database connection to ensure it's pointing to the production ODBC, and server, database, and login is correct, and like I said, it runs fine via "Run Now", just not when it tries to run in it's normal schedule.
I'm obviously missing a step and would appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Bill

Failed to open the connection. D:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\Data\procSched\incentadpca.reportjobserver\~tmp13a458fb14173114.rpt

When you put a report on a recurring schedule, it schedules a copy of the .rpt file as it exists at the time it is scheduled. This means that if you change a report that has a recurring schedule, you must cancel the existing schedule and re-schedule it in order for it to work.

I know, it's a pain, but this is the way that BOE works and there is no way around it.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

As Hilfy said, any changes to a report must be rescheduled.

Here's how I do it. From CMC, bring up the folder and click on the Schedule tab. Select a new date for start date and click update and then click schedule. Note: If you want the job to start immediately, specify the current date as the start date.

You will be presented with the History tab listing all jobs that ran as well as two recurring jobs. Just delete the old recurring job.

Thanks to both of you for your quick responses. This clears up the mystery, and although a bit of a pain, not too bad.
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back