Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

N11xxy

MIS
Aug 11, 2003
GB
In need of some help, friend asked me to remove windows 3.11 and instal windows 98, i have done this when it booted up it found the modem but need to find the drivers and none on the windows98 disc seem to be compatable. Any ideas how to find out what the modem is so i can get the drivers?...will i need to take the cover off? its quite an old Dell PC. Any help will be wonderful. thanbks

Mark (Niixxy)

OR...

If these options yield no results...is the modem onboard or is it a seperate card? (ISA or PCI...possibly ISA if the PC is as old as you say). In either case you'll have to take the case off to see 1.) which MOBO you have (if it's a DELL Mobo try their site again for modem info) or 2.) if the modem's a card, check to see manufacturer's name and visit their site.

If your not keen on opening your case you might want to download a copy of Belarc Advisor, once you have loaded it on the machine and have run it, it will build a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, and displays the results in your Web browser. All of your PC profile information is kept private on your PC and is not sent to any web server.

Download it here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back