Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

modem wont detect

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsjr805

Technical User
Feb 2, 2003
US
just had to reformat computers added more memory and upgraded the processor. have installed windows 98 on it. problem i am having is it wont detect the modem. it is a hewitt packard pavilion 7270 and naturally the tec support has long sense expired. i have searched hp knowledge base with out much sucess.it says to choose hayes compatable which i did but then there are about 25 models to choose from i have tried about 6 or 7 different ones without any sucess so i am not sure which one it is this is the model number that is on it:D-1128HVT1/R12P V2 2E4 (5182-8694)
any help would be greatly appreciated.
also according to specs it suppose to be on com port 2 but when i go to choose which port it only gives me com 1 or com 2 to choose from. thanks in advance [ponder]

aditional info to first thread the fcc number on it is fcc:dk4tal-22748-pt-e 28.8kbps.fax/data modem. not sure if this will help. also if someone could tell me if i would be able just to put in a 56k fax/data modem instead the one that is in there it would detect it i put in a new one right?

You might want to check the BIOS settings.
In my BIOS there is a option called "P&P OS". Make sure this option is enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back